It’s Day 2 of the Two Ingredient Keto Diet and I’m very pleased with the results thus far. I’ve lost 1lb this morning on my first weigh in, which is great…and I have more energy than I’ve had in years. I can’t wait to see how I’m doing on Day 3.
Recently I’ve been seeing more and more people who have been wanting to go Keto. I’ve been wanting to start a Keto lifestyle for a while now, but the only thing that has always stopped me is the chocolate factor. Now that I have a sweet tooth, I’ve decided I can no longer stand by and watch Keto’s progression. I’ve decided to make a keto friendly keto treat for everyone to enjoy! I’ve used my go-to two ingredient keto recipe and decided to make keto peanut butter cups in the shape of a dome! I used a chocolate cupcake mold to create the dome shape, but
The ketogenic diet (Keto) has become incredibly popular and has been shown to benefit thousands of people. It’s also extremely effective for losing weight (and keeping it off) but can it be made into a delicious treat?
These low-carb peanut butter cups have just two ingredients and will blow your socks off! Whether you’re getting ready for Halloween or simply want some tasty low-carb sweets, these keto-friendly peanut butter cups are the dessert for you!
Is it true that Keto Peanut Butter Cups are fat bombs?
Although these cups aren’t advertised as fat bombs, fat is the primary macro in this dessert, and it’s a great fat supplement for those on a keto diet. On days when your fat intake is modest, these chocolate peanut butter cups make a wonderful end-of-day dessert or dinner accompaniment. These keto peanut butter cups include just two ingredients: chocolate and peanut butter. There is no coconut oil, cocoa butter, or normal butter in this recipe. This was chosen for its simplicity and resemblance to regular peanut butter cups. If you want to increase the fat content of these even more, there are a few things you may do.
- Add Coconut Oil or Butter – Adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to the chocolate may help it become smoother and more lustrous. Just keep in mind that if they’re added, they should be kept in the fridge since coconut oil and butter melt rapidly.
- Before the top chocolate layer freezes, you may sprinkle some pure cacao nibs or chopped peanuts on top. This adds a little of additional fat as well as a great crunch. Note that toppings may raise carbohydrates somewhat, however both peanuts and cacao nibs are high in fiber, lowering net carbs.
Check out our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough fat bombs if you’re looking for a genuine low carb/keto fat bomb. Alternatively, you may get a copy of The Fat Bomb Bible by downloading it.
Choosing Good Ingredients
These peanut butter cups are simple, fast, and inexpensive to make. Plus, everyone knows that handmade sweets are ten times superior than store-bought snacks! The taste is improved as well as the quality of the components. Keto peanut butter cups were created by a number of companies, including Lily’s, Atkins, and Weight Watchers, in an attempt to take the globe by storm. While our favorite, Lily’s, is wonderful, we believe the peanut butter inside is flavorless and uncreamy. Using high-quality products with natural peanut butter is the best approach to fix this.
We’ve put up a list of the finest ingredient choices for making a tasty low-carb peanut butter cup that will satisfy your sweet craving in a hurry.
Keto Food List (FREE PRINTABLE)
Join 150,000 people who have already gotten a FREE keto food list and fresh recipes every week!
What Keto-Friendly Chocolates Are There?
When creating peanut butter cups, the first item to consider is the chocolate. You’re left with peanut butter if you don’t have any excellent chocolate. While a jar of peanut butter and a spoon is wonderful, it’s also dangerously good, so we suggest making these pre-portioned peanut butter cookies with sugar-free chocolate.
When creating these sugar-free peanut butter cups, there are a variety of low-carb chocolate choices to choose. It’s OK if you don’t want to use the sugar-free chocolate chips we recommend. Simply ensure that the chocolate you select has a high-quality sweetener. Now, here are some of the finest chocolates to use:
- Lilies — Our is by far our favorite flower, and we use it often in this dish. A silky smooth chocolate with a firm bite that yet has a creamy break, unlike dark chocolate’s usual snap. Depending on your preferences, Lilys offers milk and dark chocolate.
- Bakers Chocolate 100 percent — Bakers chocolate is widely available in supermarkets, usually in the baking section. It’s a fantastic choice for people searching for a chocolate with almost no net carbohydrates or one that’s devoid of sugar alcohol. Bakers chocolate is a dark chocolate with no additives. IMPORTANT: This chocolate is NOT sweet, and it does not taste like it. Bakers chocolate has a strong flavor, so if you’re going to use it, you should sweeten it with stevia.
- Lindt 85 percent + — For many individuals, this may be too dark. It’s very bitter, just like Baker’s chocolate. While it is more costly per ounce than bakers chocolate, it is an extremely smooth chocolate. The creamy buttery mouthfeel helps to cut some of the bitterness. This is a fantastic sugar-free, alcohol-free chocolate, but it is DARK AND BITTER. If you do decide to use it, be sure to use stevia or erythritol.
- LUV Keto (a Vegan Option)- These chips are your best option if you want to take a more vegan keto approach or simply want something that is dairy free. There’s no need to add any more sweeteners since they’re already sweetened with stevia.
- ChocZero – Although it isn’t our first pick, ChocZero is still a viable alternative. You may buy white, milk, or dark chocolate that has been sweetened with monk fruit. Just be cautious if you know how soluble corn fiber affects your keto diet, since these products include an excessive amount of fiber to balance out the carbohydrates.
Sweeteners to avoid if you’re on a keto diet!
These are some terrible sweeteners that can not only upset your stomach, but will also throw you out of ketosis. Make certain that any chocolate you purchase does not contain this! For additional information, see our guide to keto-friendly sweeteners.
- Maltitol is a sugar-free and low-carb sweetener that is widely used. These are the simplest and most affordable sugar-free snacks to come by. Because maltitol, like cane sugar, raises blood sugar levels, you should only count half of the carbohydrates in these items if you’re calculating net carbs.
- IMO Syrup (also known as isomalto oligosaccharides) — This is another sweetener that has an impact on blood sugar levels and may produce a spike.
- Sugar — This is clearly not keto, but it goes by a lot of various names, so you may not be aware of all the different kinds. (Cane sugar, brown rice syrup, agave nectar, honey, tapioca syrup, and so forth.)
Peanut butter with carbs? That’s insane!
Don’t be alarmed! Peanut butter CAN be consumed as part of a ketogenic diet. Although it is a legume, some conventional keto dieters would not appreciate this wonderful delicacy, we can’t picture living without it! Legumes are the delicious seeds that grow within subterranean pods (1). Peanut butter contains carbohydrates, although they are very modest and are mainly influenced by the other components included in nut butters. Natural peanut butter with just two ingredients (peanuts and salt) is our recommendation. For the peanut butter filling, we recommend the following peanut butters:
- Richards Crazy – The only thing that is crazy about Richard is how little his brand is recognized! This peanut butter combination calls for a smooth, one-ingredient peanut butter with just 2 net carbohydrates per tablespoon.
- Peanut Butter with MCT Oil and Low Carbs – Do you have some spare time and want to do something special? Perhaps you just want to try your hand at making keto peanut butter? Check out our nut butter prepared with sprouted peanuts and mct oil!
- Kirkland Signature — This one is for all Costco customers! Kirkland’s trademark peanut butter is made with only two ingredients, yet it’s exceptionally creamy and flavorful. A toasty, warm taste with a salty undertone. They’re also natural. If you’re worried about pesticides being sprayed on your peanut plants, this is a wonderful alternative.
The main lesson is to stay away from peanut butters that include harmful additives and sugars. Ingredients such as hydrogenated oils, cottonseed oil, sunflower oil, palm oil, sugar, and cane sugar may be found. These low-cost oils and sugar may lead to bloating and inflammation (2). The whole idea of creating keto peanut butter cups is to have all the sweetness without the stomach discomfort.
Keto Peanut Butter Cups: How to Make Them
These cups are fast and simple to prepare, needing just approximately 10 minutes of active time. Make some ice cubes, mix some peanut butter, and melt some chocolate because quick keto snacks just got a whole lot easier.
- To begin, melt the low-carb chocolate in a microwave-safe dish at 10-second intervals to avoid burning; believe me, I’ve burnt far too much chocolate in my life by pressing the auto 30 seconds button.
- Only about a third of your melted chocolate Cover the bottom layer of four ice cube pieces equally with chocolate. Freeze for 15 minutes or until the mixture is solid.
- Evenly divide the smooth peanut butter filling among your four cups, trying to keep all of the peanut butter in the center as much as possible. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect; just keep it in the middle so nothing flows out the edges. If your peanut butter is very runny, put it in the fridge for a few hours before using it, as some will solidify.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the peanut butter layer and return to the freezer for another 30 minutes or until completely set.
As a fast and simple keto dessert, these keto peanut butter cups are guaranteed to wow your family. Perfect for Halloween or simply a pick-me-up in the middle of the day.
Questions about the recipe
Is it possible to use PB2 for peanut butter?
Because PB2 or any powdered peanut butter replacement has a different feel than creamy fresh peanut butter, we do not suggest using it. Half powdered peanut butter (already blended with water to create an equivalent volume replacement) and half normal peanut butter may be used to produce reduced calorie peanut butter cups; however, we have not tried this and cannot guarantee that it would work properly.
Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Creamy?
Whatever you’d want! We like creamy since it is the most genuine keto peanut butter cup texture, but chunky is also an option if you want a change of pace!
What can I do to sweeten the peanut butter filling?
Have no worry if you like sweet foods! To make the peanut butter cup filling sweeter, add a few drops of stevia or powdered erythritol. (Using powdered erythritol may thicken the filling.)
What is the purpose of an Ice Cube Tray?
We came up with the ice cube tray as a solution for people who don’t have silicone molds but still want to make a fast frozen peanut butter cup. You are welcome to create the keto peanut butter cupcakes in small or regular silicone cupcake molds like these.
Is it possible to create sugar-free keto peanut butter cups?
If you’re searching for a simple, whole-foods keto-friendly meal, you’ve come to the right place. Substitute 100 percent bakers chocolate for the lilys, and make sure your peanut butter is sugar-free. Keep in mind that the taste will be different and not as sweet as a regular peanut butter cup. If you use these replacements, you’ll need to add more stevia.
I’m having trouble getting them out of the tray.
These are ideally prepared on a silicon pan, but if you’re using a regular ice cube tray, make sure the chocolate fully covers the peanut butter. This will keep them from adhering and make it simpler to remove them.
Saving and storing
We frequently consider them as fat bombs and prepare a large batch to have on hand for when we need to add fat to our meals. If you want to create a large batch of keto peanut butter cups, there are a few different methods to preserve them so that they stay fresh for as long as possible.
- Fridge — If you’re preparing a medium-sized quantity and want to consume it throughout the week, this is definitely the best option. They will keep in the fridge for approximately 2 weeks if kept in an airtight container.
- Freezer – Freezing keto peanut butter cups is a wonderful alternative if you just want them once in a while. You may also prepare a large quantity, freeze half of it, and defrost it in the fridge until ready to eat. The chocolate coating may get a little hard, but that should be OK after some time in the fridge. In an airtight Ziploc freezer bag, freeze for up to 2 months.
Store away from the counter. Melting is a significant possibility in warmer regions. They’re also preservative-free and won’t keep for more than a day.
Looking for more low-carb peanut butter recipes?
Try some of our other wonderful sugar-free, low-carb/keto-friendly sweets.
No Bake Keto Peanut Butter Bites – If you have any leftover peanut butter, add some coconut and create these delicious no bake cookies.
One of our all-time favorite recipes is Peanut Butter Cup Lava Cake. A delicious chocolate cake with a creamy peanut butter middle that overflows.
Peanut Butter Cups in an Ice Cube Tray
You just need a few ingredients and an ice cube tray to create keto peanut butter cups.
2 hours and 10 minutes total
12 cup servings
Serving size (calories) 60kcal
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
2 hour cooling time
Before you begin, put your ice cube tray in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Use a nonstick spray or coconut oil to grease the ice cube tray.
Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish and cook for 15 seconds at a time. If you’re having difficulty melting your chocolate, try adding 1 tablespoon coconut oil to the chips. This aids in the melting process.
Half of the melted chocolate should be poured into the ice cube pan. Spread the chocolate up the edges of the tray using a spatula. To harden, place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Take the tray out of the freezer and spread the peanut butter evenly on top of the firm chocolate layer.
Re-melt the remaining chocolate and spread it evenly over the peanut butter layer. Tap the ice cube tray gently to flatten the top layer and fully cover the peanut butter.
Place for 2 hours in the freezer. Remove the peanut butter cups from the ice cube tray by cracking it. Remove any cups that have stuck to the tray using a knife.
Store for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Net 1 gram of carbohydrates per serving There are 12 servings in this recipe. This dish is best made on a silicon ice cube tray since the cups are simpler to remove at the end. It may also be prepared using a regular ice cube tray, although you’ll probably end up with a few shattered ones while removing them.
Peanut Butter Cups in an Ice Cube Tray
Per Serving Amount (1 cup)
60 calories Calories derived from fat: 36
daily value in percent*
Saturated Fat (Saturated Fat) (Saturated Fat) (Saturated Fat) (
Sodium (25mg/%) sodium (25mg/%) sodium (25mg/
Potassium (35 mg) is 1% of the total amount of potassium in the body.
2g1 percent carbohydrate
1g4 percent fiber
1 gram 1% sugar
2g4 percent protein
2% calcium (two milligrams)
1 gram of iron is equal to 6% of your whole body weight.
* Percent Daily Values (%DV) are calculated using a 2000-calorie diet.
Dessert and Snack are included in the course.
Keto peanut butter cups are a popular keto snack.
Psst! Did you make this?Tag us on Instagram!We love seeing what you’ve made! Tag us on Instagram at @keto.connect or leave a comment & rating below.
When I first tried the Atkins diet, the first thing I noticed was that I couldn’t eat peanut butter. But, now that I’ve been on the keto diet for a while, eating carbs doesn’t seem to bother me as much anymore. I don’t even mind eating peanut butter on a keto diet. However, there are some people who are allergic to peanuts. So, in this post, I’ll teach you how to make a perfect recipe for peanut butter cups that won’t make you break out in hives or give you any other allergy symptoms!. Read more about 3-ingredient peanut butter cups recipe and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- peanut butter cups recipe
- homemade peanut butter cups healthy
- homemade peanut butter cups
- keto peanut butter fat bombs
- peanut butter cups